After I joined the Ghost's Creator Community Writing program last month, I started mapping out some stuff on how I chose to do things around here.
- Free posts are every Wednesday and normally take a long time to finish (I've got a great reviewer but even he can't review in seconds hahaha).
- I've also been entertaining shorter posts for weeks in between long posts.
- So far all my content is free, and I think it's going to be like this for at least a year before I get enough traction to charge for it, or maybe it will be free forever and I'll earn through affiliate marketing on products I actually enjoy. The future is unknown with regard to that.
- My top posts are on programming niche topics (such as kotlin multiplatform or specific technical problems in other areas as well) -> Over 1000+ visualizations.
- The second highest ranking are my financial pieces. -> Over 200+ visualizations.
- Most of my traffic comes from linkedin + Instagram (where I market the most), and some come organically from Medium. And some from my newsletter(only 10 subscribers so far).
- My goal is to hit 50 email subscribers by June 2023.
- I'll be testing more types of content till then now that I have a more forgiving audience.
This is it for this week, I know it ain't much, but until November 15th I'm really running against the time.
During my off-work hours, I'm helping my robotics university team to finish a robot to compete in November at São Paulo's Campus Party. Until then, the posts are going to be this short, unfortunately.
I am very excited about the next post of my Intelligent Investments series though.
In the meanwhile, do check out the previous posts if you haven't already:
And keep an eye out for a Halloween post if you like short horror stories. 🙈
That is it and I will see you at the next one 😜☕
😗 Enjoy my writing?
Forward to a friend and let them know where they can subscribe (hint: it’s here).
Anything else? Just say hello in the comments :).
Join an Exclusive Tech Friendly Community! Connect with like-minded people who are interested in tech, design, startups, and growing online — apply here.