So this is the current state of things as of now of this blog:
I've just recently got my latest follower (counting 8 as of today). And I'm in the middle of Week 1 of Ghost's Creator Program.
It's a pretty cool program and it's divided into a 4-week course.
Since we are in week 1, we are focusing on our tech stacks and sharing with other cool creators.
So I'm also gonna share my tech stack here.
I'm sharing verbatim my answer to other's questions
- Zero clue, I'm mostly being guided by curiosity.
Idea Tracking + Content Planning
- I take lots of notes on Obsidian.md and try to follow the Zettelkasten Method to facilitate grabbing notes around and merging them in a post.
- I use the Backlinks from one of my notes "Blog Post ideas", I always have new ideas every week, on a Sunday I revisit them, and almost always a post comes out of it.
- I use Google Analytics + Pinterest analytics (I've linked my blog to my Pinterest via RSS feed so it uploads automatically).
- I'm using Unsplash from ghost's GUI, but I'm open to the idea of generating images using AI.
- Right now I've set up 2 Applets on IFTTT(If This Then That -> https://ifttt.com/explore) so that any new post with the tag "linkedin-post" or "tweet-post" gets updated to each social media automatically.
- Grammarly (free version)
- Docs -> for some friends to give feedback on some special posts before they are published
- I'd want to understand how it is the process for those of you that publish more frequently. I'm in the middle of working through a few hard topics and it just takes me 2 weeks to get a really good post out.
- I blog mostly in my free time out of the job, so either mornings or evenings.
Other Cool Creators
The cool part of this program is meeting and talking with other people. Here are some of them and what I found amazing about what they do.
This dude is cool as f%%%ck, talks about what he's learning in the field of AI, compressed data structures, bioinformatics, python, programming interviews, and more.
Did I mention he also has a cool photography website?
The Vashinator, also known as Michael, dude has a youtube channel alongside his blog. He talks about tech, Linux, and Open Source.
Derrick coming directly from Nairobi has a blog about data science and machine learning.
David from Atlanta writes about mental health, finances, and other topics involving the black community. Do check it out!
We have someone from France, and although his blog is in french I managed to read a couple of articles by using google translate, so don't be a stranger.
He writes about mathematics and also shares things with his students using the blog.
Daniel writes about men's styles and has recently started using Medium as a way to share more of his content. Give the brotha a hand and check it out 😜 .
Here's someone I would call Highly Adaptable. Joe started with a startup trying to replace real estate agents, and in the middle of testing his MVP started actually giving content to real estate agents to help them be better at their jobs.
PS: He also runs ultramarathons "for fun".
Philipe and his wife run a boutique consultancy business, they started using Ghost recently and with it started a paid newsletter for their top customers (B2B). Pretty cool!
Josh writes about personal development, health, and fitness.
Here's one of my favorite posts: 3 Tips to Best Utilize Caffeine for Productivity
Here we have Courtney, she's doing a multimedia publication to document the journey of Black expats living in the world.
If you consider yourself an empathetic person with good taste in writing, I'd definitely check it out. Each post is a very touching experience.
Erin Mapes, a hobby stand-up comic with a LOT of energy. She writes about the technical community and developer advocacy.
Enter Flavien, a talented developer writing on tech, productivity, and management. Feel free to check out his latest posts on NestJS and Web Development!
And that is it so far everyone, as soon as I have more news I'll share it.
Lots of kisses and buhbye. 😉